Friday, September 2, 2011

Clueless, a blog's namesake.

I watched many movies in the 90's, but none had a larger impact on my style, voice, and memory than 1995's CLUELESS.

I was 10, Cher Horowitz 15, and I idolized her. So, when it came time to choose a name for my blog I found it fitting to pull from the single work that created the base upon which my love for fashion was built.
So, your are probably going, is this a noxzema commercial or what...but I actually have a reason for writing this blog.  Fall fashion is upon us, and back are the, preppy, ready to wear, 70's designs of Clueless.

Designer and Costumer Mona May pulled from European trends to style Cher and Dionn, thankfully, because at the time American fashion was in full Seattle Grunge mode. Cher had well over 50 outfits, and much like myself, girls everywhere started to emulate the style by ditching the plaid flannels and stepping into plaid skirts and knee to thigh socks.

So, its time to watch Clueless, the Fall ready to Wear shows from March, and make sure to plan your fall wardrobe accordingly. And now, here are some vocabulary words:

Betty: A pretty girl
Baldwin: A totally hot guy
Barney: An ugly or dopey guy
Monet: A girl who seems pretty from far away, but close up she is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment