Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back to Black

It was wholly and completely saddening to hear of the death of Amy Jade Winehouse as I woke up in Las Vegas, I have been thinking of her, what her work meant to me, and how she inspired many in her tragically short lifetime.

I remember vividly the hearing her voice for the first time, but even more ingrained into my mind was the first time I saw an image of her. Not only was I shocked by the color of her skin, but I was pleasantly surprised at how her style perfectly portrayed the modernization of jazz.  Her beehive, vintage style tattoos, and insanely winged eyeliner will forever remind us of her, and the talent she bestowed upon us all.

"We could a never had it all, we had to hit a wall
so this is inevitable withdrawal"

No comments:

Post a Comment